Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It all comes down to you

I wake up in the morning
Sun shining on my face
Thoughts of you fill my head
And my heart begins to race

You're consuming my mind
And you're consuming my heart
When you take me by the hand
I never want to part

You gave me inspiration
When I had lost my drive to write
When I lost hope in the darkness
You brought me back to light

Like a first breath of life
Was our first kiss
And I knew in that moment
That I was made for this

Like a light in the blackness
You put the sun to shame
You send shivers down my neck
When you whisper my name

You give me a high
I never want to come down
Take me by the hand
I'm thinkin' I want to keep you around

I want to learn with you
What forever feels like
If being selfish is wrong
I don't want to be right

Like a pouring rain
You calm my nerves
Keep my head in the clouds
So much more than I deserve

And as my head hits my pillow
Before I go to sleep
Thoughts of you still fill my mind
Forever my all is yours to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment