Popular Posts

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sincerely (written last June)

Sincerely.

The thoughts in my head have more battles.. than you could ever comprehend.
I'm sorry I let you down.
I'm sorry I made things so hard.
Let you forget who you are even though you're my best friend.

I just got lost with you, somewhere along the way
Let you fall into temptation
Let you slip right through my hands
Forgive me for that, please say you'll stay

Undeserving and unexpected, I've been blessed by you completely
My intentions weren't for evil
My relationship not counterfeit
I know that I slipped, let the wrong things deceive me

I feel like a terrible person; I will take the blame
If I lost you
I'd be broken
I want our friendship to remain the same

I will never regret.. my sentimental summer spent with you
It is bittersweet
It still brings a smile
I suppose this is just the beginning of something new

The last thing I wish to do is place you underneath such pressure
I want to be a better person
I want to be a better friend
Your company means more to me than that anyone can measure

I'm sorry I let you down.
I'm sorry I made things so hard.
Let you forget who you are even though you're my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment