Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

To the moon wasn't far enough

Written March 1, 2012
To the moon is mighty far away
But it wasn't long enough to match the length you said you'd stay
And back again is even farther
Matched how far that you did run when times showed they had gotten harder

Faith is lost and hope is gone
We didn't achieve the lasting love we thought we'd won
You gave up and left me stranded all alone
No explanations, sitting by the phone

I fell to my knees and slowly to my face
Waiting for you my heart began to race
But you never came, you ran away
After a year of promising with me you'd always stay

So many lies you fed to my head
When all along your plan was to leave instead
You thought with your junk more than your brain
And after that you were never the same

You've gone back to the past because with it you're not finished
Slinking around, our relationship diminished
You can trust no one is what I've learned
Always guard your heart, so you don't get burned

I've grown cold and extremely bitter
For I should have known that you too would be a quitter
You're no different from the rest
And there's no such thing as finding the best

Young and naive I let myself go
Now here I am at an all time low
Thinking on the past when I thought things couldn't possibly get better
Because I never had such feelings like the ones we shared together

But now all faith is lost and hope is gone
We didn't achieve the lasting love we thought we'd won
To the moon is mighty far away
But it wasn't long enough to match the length you said you'd stay

-Kate Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment